Jane Doe Art Print by Charming Baker
- Charming Baker spent his early life travelling around the world following his father, a Commando in the British Army. At the age of 12, his family finally settled in Ripon, North Yorkshire. Baker left school at 16 and worked in various manual jobs. In 1985, having gone back to college, Baker attended the prestigious Central Saint Martin’s, later to return as a lecturer. Although primarily a painter with an interest in narrative and an understanding of the tradition of painting, in recent years Baker has produced sculptural pieces in a wide and varied choice of materials. His work explores well-trodden and intrinsically linked themes; life, love, death, terror, joy, and despair. He has had a series of solo show including the Truman Brewery (2007), Redchurch Street Gallery (2009), New York Studio Gallery (2010) and Mercer Street Studios, London (2011). In 2012, a sculpture entitled ‘Triumph in the Face of Absurdity’ was displayed in the Victoria and Albert Museum. His 2013 Los Angeles exhibition entitled 'Lie Down I Think I Love You' cemented his relationship with the infamous PMM Art Projects, and caused a mass of media interest across America. Damien Hirst says of Baker’s work; “It’s hard to say exactly what makes a painting great… Its flatness and its depth, its ease and its complexity, a kind of preciousness that’s also kind of throwaway, a risk factor. Who gives a damn? Charming Baker’s paintings are great."
- Medium: Archival Inkjet, Hand Finished with a Universal Wax Marker on Somerset Satin Enhanced 330gsm Paper
- Edges: Cut
- Year: 2018
- Edition: 75
- Size: 92.00cm (w) x 100.00cm (h)
- Want to see what this piece will look like in your home? Get in touch with us today!
Customise this item
If you would like a custom size or finish for this artwork, please fill in the form below and we will be in touch within 24 hours.
Alternatively, if this artwork is part of a larger project or you need inspiration, we offer Art Consultancy services. Click here to find out more.
Delivery & Returns
- FREE DELIVERY & RETURNS ON ALL UK ORDERS
- EU & WORLDWIDE - WE CURRENTLY OFFER FREE DELIVERY & RETURNS ON ART PRINTS ONLY **
- Click here for more information on Delivery & Returns.
Prints Only 3 - 5 working days Framed Prints 7 - 12 working days Canvas 3 - 5 working days Wallpapers 5 - 7 working days Slim Aarons Prints 10 - 15 working days
EU and Worldwide Delivery
Prints Only 5 - 10 working days
**For all other items including framed prints and wallpaper, packing and shipping charges will apply.
If you are unhappy with your artwork for any reason, please notify us within 14 days of receiving your item so we can organise a full refund or exchange. All products must be returned to us in its original packaging. Please contact us so we can arrange collection free of charge of your item(s). Free Shipping/collection applies to the UK only.
Help & Advice
Need help visualising how the artwork will look in your space? Or need help working out the best size? We offer a free mock-up of your chosen image in your room - just email us a picture of your space and your wall measurements and we can show you what the artwork will look like on your wall and work out the best size! Alternatively please call +44 (0) 8450 568 728.
Click here to request your trade account today to receive benefits such as trade pricing, exclusive offers and previews of new products.