Hollywood Africans, 1983 Art Print Only by Jean - Michel Basquiat
Jean-Michel Basquiat produced 'Hollywood Africans' whilst on an extended trip to Los Angeles. Basquiat covered the vibrant canvas with important motifs which challenged the inaccurate representation of African Americans within the film industry. For example, the phrase 'Hollywood Africans from the nineteen forties' alludes to the year that actress Hattie McDaniel became the first African American to win an Oscar for playing the racial caricature 'mammy' in 'Gone With The Wind'.
Sample Sale Clearance Print ready for shipping - Free shipping UK and Internationally
Please contact us if you would like this print framed
- The size option above refers to the overall Print Size
- The image size is 12 x 12" inches (30 × 30 cm)
- Monte Carlo 300gsm watercolour paper.
- The mount size is approx 2" inches (6 cm) all around
- The print comes rolled
Copyright Estate of Jean-Michel Basquiat. Licensed by Artestar New York.
Customise this item
All prints can be framed to your specifications.
For some prints, we have pre-selected our recommended frame option and provided you with the most popular sizes.
However, if you would like a different size print, alternative frame or upgrade to non-reflective glass, please fill out the form below and we will be in touch immediately.
- Free UK & International shipping on all art prints
- Free UK shipping on all items
- Shipping charges will apply for all framed items outside of the UK
For international orders request a shipping quote for the framed item(s) you are interested in or alternatively, once the order is placed we will confirm the packing and shipping charge.
For more information on our shipping & delivery click here
Help & Advice
- Want to see this on your wall? We offer a free mock-up service!
Email us a picture of your wall along with the measurements and we can mock up the image(s) in your space and work out the required sizing.